Profile: Ann is an experienced community development worker of over thirty years' standing. She has extensive experience of working with community groups, voluntary sector organisations, local authorities, regional and national bodies, academic institutions and central government agencies. Her approach is one of building on strengths.
- Development work with groups working on community building projects
- Feasibility studies and business planning
- Inspiring groups to achieve their ambitions while also encouraging realism
- Community based research and supporting groups to do research
- Project evaluation
- Community development with older people
- Faith based community development
- Rural community development including an extensive contract with the Countryside Agency working with parish councils on parish transport
- Regional Co-ordinator for Community Matters for Yorkshire and the Humber for three years and continued work for them as an associate, with particular emphasis on community asset transfer
- A number of successful contracts with groups on community building projects
- Research work ranging from community consultations to work for universities.