Who We Are
Adam is an experienced and committed Community Development worker, trainer and facilitator, cross-fertilising professional roles with diverse and successful local community and campaigning roles and skills. Approachable, reflective and adaptable, with strong organisational and motivational skills balancing a facilitatory and sensitive approach to communication and team-work enable a smooth delivery of training from conception and design, through to evaluation and follow up.
- Developing and delivering courses and residentials in Community Development and other areas of community action, campaigning and sustainability
- Designing innovative and participative learning, combining different approaches and methods to training and facilitation including Community Development Learning, Reflect Action, Process Work and Open Space, and devising diverse learning resources, toolkits and training packs
- Community project management and partnership working, from conception to evaluation
- Working with groups on power dynamics and conflict, and supporting the self-empowerment of marginalised individuals and communities
- Organisational, group and partnership development, support and training
- Community research, engagement and consultation.
- Wide experience over 25 years in Community Development, training and facilitation in the UK and abroad; qualified mentor, trainer and facilitator.
- Conceiving and steering Green Zone project, embedding Community Development values to increase levels of community activism and meet identified needs of deprived neighbourhood.
- Conceiving and steering Communities for Change project, including innovative learning and event design, and a focus on bringing different communities together to learn from each other and celebrate.
- Designing and delivering training for the Federation of Community Development Learning, the Community Work Training Company, Co-operatives UK and many others on topics including community work, group work, governance, training and facilitation skills, engagement and consultation, communication and working with conflict.
- Community activist focussing on working with marginalised communities, including those dealing with mental health issues, addiction, conflict and deprivation.
- Group and one-to-one work with refugee communities in the UK and in Croatia during the break-up of Yugoslavia.
- Co-ordination, mentoring and training for a Recognition scheme in Oldham
- Campaigning on ecological and social justice issues, including pro-active national project design and management.
- Director of Sostenga Community Development collective since 2006, and director of Rhizome training and facilitation co-operative since 2012.
- Developing, steering and facilitating international projects and residential courses.